CECOE is a coalition of 176 Ethiopian CSOs working in the area of elections, human rights and democracy. The Coalition is registered and licensed under the Ethiopian civil society organization proclamation 1113/2019. Since its establishment, CECOE has observed the 6th general Ethiopian elections, the Sidama and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Region referendums. Furthermore, the Coalition has been engaged in various advocacy and civic education activities. The IVote digital voter education campaign which reached several million Ethiopians and an advocacy campaign to reform the electoral legal regime come at the forefront in this regard. In its all engagements CECOE gives priorities to marginalized segments of the society i.e. IDPs, PWDs and Women.
- CECOE conducted a National Dialogue Agenda Collection Forum
- Ethiopian Civil Society Delegation Shared Lessons from Nigeria’s 2021 Election
- CECOE trains short-term observers for the Wolaita referendum rerun
- CECOE Successfully Observed The SNNPR Referendum
- CECOE Gears-Up To Observe The Upcoming Referendum In The SNNPR