Overview of the Organization
Established in 2019, the Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE) is a coalition of over 175 Ethiopian CSOs working in the area of elections, human rights and democracy. The Coalition is registered and licensed under the Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No. 1113/2019. Since its establishment, CECOE has observed the 6th general Ethiopian elections, the Sidama and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Region referendums. Furthermore, the Coalition has been engaged in various advocacy and civic education activities. The IVote digital voter education campaign which reached several million Ethiopians and an advocacy campaign to reform the electoral legal regime come at the forefront in this regard.
CECOE has been carrying out several projects aimed at bolstering the political participation of these marginalized groups. Currently, with financial support from the European Union and in partnership with Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD), CECOE is implementing a project on enhancing the Participation of Women in Ethiopian Politics.
Summary of the Position
The Training and Capacity Building Officer will, in collaboration with Project Teams, assist in the design and development of capacity building operational exercises, aimed at consolidating and putting into practice prior learning. She/he will assist in the implementation, creation and updating of frameworks and guidelines for training quality assurance, including those related to training needs assessments.
- Coordinate and, if required, deliver training programmes designed and implemented by external training providers.
- Support such partnerships and identify opportunities for future collaboration.
- Contribute to the review of CECOE’s capacity building activities, and assist with the creation of additional material for the programme as necessary.
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of Training of Trainers (ToT), trainings and workshops to relevant audiences
- Organize and coordinate knowledge exchange events such as workshops, trainings
- Conduct needs assessments, training, and technical support to trainers and provide mentorship and coaching to training facilitators on the ground.
- Oversee logistical and financial arrangements for trainings and workshops;
- Leads learning and knowledge management initiatives;
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in identifying training needs, weaknesses and training requirements;
- Other duties as assigned by the program manager
Term of employment: One Year with possible extension based on availability of budget and performance
Working Environment:The position is based in Addis Ababa, and expected to travel to regions
Responsible to: Programme Manager
Ideal candidate should have:
- Knowledge and experience in Ethiopian electoral system
- Experience in conducting training, briefings, lectures using the most up-to-date audiovisual means is preferred.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good knowledge of the latest developments in law enforcement
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including delivering formal and informal presentations and drafting and editing deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to details, good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be future focused, data-driven, strategy-minded, and thrive in fast-paced CSOs working environments;
- Be methodical and detail oriented, with excellent writing, planning, and time management skills, and able to advance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Be comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps and have an aptitude for working with online and mobile applications;
- Have proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Have a wide cross-sector network.
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages; additional language would be an additional asset.
- BA Degree or Masters in Law, Political Science, Gender studies, Human Rights or related field
- At least Four (4) years’ work experience of which at least 2 years in elections related project