Overview of the Organization
Established in 2019, the Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations for Elections (CECOE) is a coalition of over 175 Ethiopian CSOs working in the area of elections, human rights and democracy. The Coalition is registered and licensed under the Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No. 1113/2019. Since its establishment, CECOE has observed the 6th general Ethiopian elections, the Sidama and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Region referendums. Furthermore, the Coalition has been engaged in various advocacy and civic education activities. The IVote digital voter education campaign which reached several million Ethiopians and an advocacy campaign to reform the electoral legal regime come at the forefront in this regard.
CECOE has been carrying out several projects aimed at bolstering the political participation of these marginalized groups. Currently, with financial support from the European Union and in partnership with Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD), CECOE is implementing a project on enhancing the Participation of Women in Ethiopian Politics.
Summary of the Position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant will contribute to building a strong evidence base around the implementation of the project activities and assess the interventions being implemented. The Consultant will oversee CECOE’s report on the implementation of its activities to NIMD based on the log frame and frameworks for, tracking/monitoring, reporting, and evaluation, for capturing the project objectives, activities/interventions, expected outputs and the indicators and the baselines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities.
- Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Perform other duties as required
Term of employment: One Year with possible extension based on availability of budget and performance
Working Environment:The position is based in Addis Ababa, and expected to travel to regionsResponsible to: Programme Manager
Ideal candidates should have:
- Knowledge and experience in Ethiopian electoral system
- Experience with a proven professional record in working in the field of Elections, and monitoring projects related to rights and governance
- Strong academic and practical background/experience in election related projects, peace-building, project management, gender equality, or human rights,
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Good knowledge of the latest developments in law enforcement
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including delivering formal and informal presentations and drafting and editing deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to details, good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be future focused, data-driven, strategy-minded, and thrive in fast-paced CSOs working environments;
- Be methodical and detail oriented, with excellent writing, planning, and time management skills, and able to advance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Be comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps and have an aptitude for working with online and mobile applications;
- Have a wide cross-sector network.
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages; additional language would be an additional asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in; Management, Economics or other related social science fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience for postgraduates and 4 years for a undergraduates.